Subject: Re: Permanent GUI Bank
From: Pietro Ghizzoni <[email-masked]>
To: "John F. Rodgers" <[email-masked]>, Amos-List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 20:57:58 +0100

On 10-Nov-97, John F. Rodgers wrote: Permanent GUI Bank

>Hello,

Hi!

>I've been leaning the GUI extension (it's great, Pietro), and I've come

Thanks :)

>to the point where I want to save a GUI bank as a permanent data bank
>along with the program so I don't have to load a separate .abk file at
>runtime.

???? The GUI banks are permanent! They will be saved togheter your
programs...

>It didn't work.  When attempting to Gui Open then new bank (which is
>byte-for-byte identical to the GUI bank I loaded from disk, the program
>says "Not a GUI bank at line such and such."

The GUI Extension checks the bank name... you must copy from Start(x)-8.

>Can anyone help me?  The AMOS manual and online help files both are
>fairly lacking in detail as to the exact procedure for creating a
>permanent bank.  Unless it really is that simple to do, and something is
>going wrong with the newly created bank.

the GUI banks are permanent....

-- 

Bye!

                                     !!!
                                     o o
   +-----------------------------oOO-(_)-OOo----------------------------+
   |                                                                    |
   |  Pietro Ghizzoni - Dairymen Soft              __  /// Amiga 12OO   |
   |     E-Mail:  [email-masked]                 \\\/// 'O3O  5OMhz   |
   |            Team AMIGA                          \/// 1OMB - CD4x    |
   |                                                                    |
   | Amos Professional Team Coordinator               AMIGA RULEZ!!     |
   |                                                                    |
   +--------------------------------------------------------------------+